Friday, May 1, 2015

Huh? I didn't hear you.

Hey kids, come pick up your toys before daddy gets home. Hey Saharra, come do your homework and pack your lunch. Hey Mauri, what are you doing? Hey....anybody listening? Guys. "Huh? I didn't hear you". I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself. I'm a scratched CD that keeps skipping. No one hears me. No one is listening.
It could be the dandelion stuck in his ear. Or it could be that they're busy. They're off playing, doing their own thing. Too busy for whatever mom may want. And then I think, that's how God must feel about me. Beth, hey Beth. Are you listening? I don't have a dandelion stuck in my ear, but I am busy. I don't quiet myself long enough to listen for His voice, most days. I don't divulge in His Word because I'm too busy, most days. We are His children. He has the desire to shape us and mold us and guide us. The way we have the desire to do the same for our own children. But we have to listen. We have to be open to His suggestions and His warnings and His love. We've got to start requiring the same of ourselves that we do of our children, TO LISTEN.

Proverbs 19:20 ESV Listen to advice and accept instruction , that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Thank you God for showing me that I need to be still and quiet and listen. You are there to show me the way if I would only accept the instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment