Monday, May 4, 2015

He had to be moved at lunch for comments about his hotdog...

(Que sirens here) This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill! I thought all those years growing up with a brother would prepare me for this moment and NOTHING. Zilch, nada. I got nothing. I stared at the ominous note from the teacher (teachers, if you're reading this, I adore you. Keep doing what you're doing). Usually I am able to write something back to them. "We are addressing the problem, we are working on it", etc. All I could do was put a check mark and my initials to acknowledge I had seen it. Here it is in all of its glory. 
To hear his side of the story, hotdog was not a metaphor. They had hotdogs for lunch and he was, gasp, waving it around and saying "things". That's the only story I got. Quite frankly, that's the only story I want. Raising boys is not for the faint of heart. They're gross. They think body functions are hysterical (neither of these first two statements decline much with age). But they love as hard as they possibly can. Here's the culprit, I mean, precious angel. 
Both of these were faces he was making during family photos.
Now, on to the good things. This is just a phase (hopefully). He didn't learn this at home (we certainly don't behave this way). He's a brilliant child with chestnut brown eyes and I know he's going places. He's testing me to every limit and boundary I have, but that's okay. Mauri has made me break out my "Wise Words for Moms" by Ginger Plowman, more than once. Ginger missed the section on when he decides to "comment about his hotdog". In our home, we do discipline, love, sorry, fun, Bible reading and prayer. Lots of the last two. 

So for now, this Mommy is praying with her little foul-mouthed babe from :
Psalm 19:14 ESV Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Parents tell their children to "be good because (insert fictitious person here; ie, Santa, Easter Bunny, etc) is watching" but I want my children to strive to "be good" because that's how Jesus was and we are called to be imitators of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment