Sunday, May 3, 2015

God is a God of second chances.

Wait a minute. I wasn't ready. I call a do-over. A mulligan. I want another try. I feel like this almost on a daily basis. In one form or another I fail. I kept the kids safe, but we didn't eat as healthy as I would like. We made it to church but there were huge meltdowns and we spent the whole time fussing. We didn't make it to church at all.

Take a minute. Breathe. While I'm busy losing it, God is already busy forgiving me and giving me a second chance. And I'm so grateful. There is no measure of sin. A sin is a sin. But our God is a God of second chances. (Who would have thought an early morning Jonah Veggie Tales movie would've led me to write this)

Luke 7:49 ESV ..."Who is this, who even forgives sins?"

Thank you God for reminding me that you provide second chances to everyone. No matter the magnitude of sin, no matter how unworthy we feel, you are the forgiven of sins. If I only cry out to you and ask, you make me new each day.

Photo credits (http://harvestgainesville.org/series/hes-a-second-chance-god/)

No comments:

Post a Comment