Wednesday, April 29, 2015

'Cause I'm a Cowboy, Baby!

(Singing) I've got my guns a blazin' and the sunshine shinin'. Yes. Be appalled. Very appalled. That was to the tune of a 1998 released Kid Rock song. And every time I see my boys dressed as cowboys, the song plays in my head. At any rate, here is my wild cowboy. His mouth agape, screaming, running and firing both guns at the same time. John Blake (Age 2). He will be 3, May 25th.
He makes no secrets to the way he feels. If he is sad, he tells me, if I make him mad, he tells me that too. He's one little ball of honest, Herculean strength, boy. All boy. John Blake can unlock and open any door, carry anything you think he can't, and almost wrestle away from me. He's STRONG. But he also has the most precious little loving heart I've ever seen in a child of his age. He ran into the arms of an older (Age 70s) gentleman sitting on a bench in the cantina area at Sam's and hugged him and kissed him because "I just wanted to div him some wuvins mommy". The look on that precious man's face changed for the better and he told Jerry and I that John Blake had made his day. John Blake has done similar things for others numerous times. I'm constantly wary of strangers. Stranger Danger and keeping my children safe. But aren't we called to spread love? If God can use my 2 year old son, then surely I can stop letting fear be my excuse. Within reason folks. I'm not saying to approach strangers in dark alleys and parking decks where you could be kidnapped, but how about you just acknowledge someone new today? How about you look up instead of at your phone while you're walking? And see who we may be able to smile at or see frowning and hug. Or even better, see an opportunity to witness to. 

Romans 12:9 ESV Let love be genuine...
Romans 12:10 ESV Love one another with brotherly affection...
Thank you God for showing me, through my child, how to love unconditionally. God bless my little cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment